Posted February 1, 2022
Mr. Ebenezer Forson Appiah was born on Thursday, 23rd day of July 1987 in Dunkwa at a renowned town called Kadadwene in the Upper Denkyira East Constituency. He happens to be the last born in a family of five. He has lived all his life in Dunkwa on Offin. He began his Primary Education at Dunkwa Methodist Primary School, moved to Dunkwa Goldfields Primary and later completed at St. Peter's Catholic Preparatory school all in Dunkwa on Offin.
After successfully completing his basic Education, he gained admission to Prempeh College in Kumasi where he was offered Business. He was in Pearson house. He completed Prempeh College in 2006 and proceeded to the Premier University, Legon in the year 2007. At University of Ghana, he majored in Political Science with Information Studies. He graduated with a Second Class Upper.
After graduating from the University in 2010 , he had the opportunity to do his mandatory National Service at African Mining Services in Ayanfuri in 2011 and successfully completed in 2012. Thankfully, he was gainfully employed in the same company in 2012 as a Store Personnel and later referred him a Store Officer. He heartedly acted as a Store Supervisor anytime the Store Supervisor wasn't around. In fact after just five months into his probation, he was given his first Supervisory acting role.
Unfortunately, he left African Mining Services when the company declared all workers redundant in 2018 and so joined New Gift Ventures as a Procurement and Stores Supervisor the same year. He worked in this capacity until his nomination as Municipal Chief Executive for Upper Denkyira East Municipality came.
In 2014, he got admission to the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration, GIMPA to pursue his Masters programme in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management as option. He completed his MBA, Supply Chain Management in 2017. In 2020 he enrolled at Accra Business School, completed and was awarded an Executive Certification in Management and Leading Organizations.
He has been active in Politics even during his days as a student in the University. On campus, he used to be a polling station agent way back 2008 at Legon Hall Annex 'A' during the 2008 general elections. He became a Member of the Legon hall Congress in 2010.
He was the central planning Coordinator for the Legon Hall 58th Hall week's celebrations.
At home, he strived to become an NPP polling station Chairman at Estate polling station. He later contested as a constituency youth organizer but lost to Isaac Antwi who later appointed him as his deputy because his hardwork and what he had to bring to the table for the party to retain power. He gladly took the portfolio and became the deputy constituency youth organizer in 2018 where he worked tirelessly with all his bosses ( Constituency Executives) to energize the youth in the constituency to retain power for his party in 2020 general election.
His contribution to the welfare of the youth in the Constituency has been immeasurable. Notable ones amongst them includes; the 572 Mathematical sets and he supplied to final year students who were about writing their B.E.C.E exams students at Dunkwa Kyekyewere. His supply of Chop box, school bags, exercise books and cash to students who got single grades at the Kyekyewere center. He also gave a brand new refrigerator to the Staff of Kyekyewere Primary 'A' as his reward to these teachers for helping their students get more single grades during their B.E.C.E exams in 2019.
Mr. Forson Appiah was noted to have been among the first individuals to have Supplied cement to support the Renovation work at Denkyira Ahenfie, he supported the Dunkwa Nursing training school with 100 bags of cement and has for years now contributed immensely towards the development in the Municipality.
He is a staunch Christian and a proud Methodist.
"My vision is to foster unity of purpose among the people of Upper Denkyira East Municipality by involving all stakeholders to achieve accelerated development."
The statutory functions of the Municipal Chief Executives
1. He is the Chief Executive of the Central Government in the Municipality of Upper Denkyira East
2. He is Chairperson of the Executive Committee. This is the Committee that is responsible for the coordination and implementation of all programmes and projects of the Assembly.
3. He is responsible for the day-to-day performance of the executive and administrative functions of Assembly.
4. He is responsible for the supervision of the other departments of the Assembly.
5. He is Chairperson of Municipal Tender Committee. The Committee is responsible for the award of contracts, a function that calls for transparency and fair play.
6. He addresses the Assembly in session on policies determined by Central Government.
The address includes a report on the performance of the Executive Committee and recommendations
Expectations of MCE by the electorate
- The MCE as an agent of change in terms of development
- He is a Role Model
- He is a Team Player
- He is a Conflict Manager with the support of the Municipal Security Committee (MUSEC) and is expected to be impartial.
- He is an enabler in municipal services delivery and infrastructure development.
- He is a leader.
- He is expected to delegate responsibilities.
- He is a Financial Manager: With the massive financial transfers from Central Government to the District Assemblies particularly through the District Assemblies Common Fund, Micro Finance Fund and others, sound financial management
becomes the hallmark of administration and development.
- He is a networker. Networking is a system that ignores some of the more formal bureaucratic systems of decision-making and problem solving. A DCE must be able to identify and bring on board the private sector, non-governmental organizations, community-based self-help groups, influential citizens of the district, traditional authorities, and church groups to support programme and projects in the district through informal means