Posted Fefruary 2, 2021
Updated March 16, 2022
BIRTH AND DEATH REGISTRY
Upper Denkyira East
The Births and Deaths Registry was therefore established by the Act 301 of 1965, within the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development, to handle and develop the births and deaths registration system in Ghana. Its core business is to provide accurate and reliable information on all births and deaths occurring within Ghana for Socio-economic development of the Country through their registration and certification.
The vision of the Registry is to attain universal births and deaths registration in Upper Uenkyira East and Ghana as a whole
The Births and Deaths registry exists to provide accurate, reliable and timely information of all births and deaths occurring within Ghana for the Socio-economic development of the country through their registration and certification
FUNCTIONS OF (BDR)
- Legalization of registered Births and Deaths
- Storage and management of births and deaths records/registers
- Issuance of Certified Copies of Entries in the Registers of Births and Deaths upon request.
- Effecting corrections and insertions in the Registers of Births and Deaths upon request
- Preparation of documents for exportation of remains of deceased persons
- Processing of documents for the exhumation and reburial of remains of persons already buried.
- Verification and authentication of births and deaths certificates for institutions, especially the foreign missions in Ghana.
Monday to Friday
8:00AM - 5:00AM
Exception of Holidays
Dunkwa-on-offin at the office of upper denkyira east municipal assemmbly
visit https://bdr.gov.gh/ for more details