CREATED IN 2020
LAST UPDATES JULY 2022
STRUCTURES, FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE WORKS DEPARTMENT
1. Technical structures of the Works Department
2. The works Department is made up of the following units and sectors.:
- Water Unit
- Feeder Roads Unit
- Building Control Management Sector
- Physical Project Development Sector
- Facilities Management Sectors
- Design and Supervision Sectors
- Operative and Maintenance Sectors
- Survey and Design Sectors
- Quality Control Sectors
- Contract Management Sectors
- Maintenance Sectors
FUNCTIONS OF THE BUILDING UNIT
- Establish inventory of Public building.
- Provide designs, supervision, construction, rehabilitation and maintenance works related to buildings.
- Facilitate access to decent shelter and promote improved skills in construction; development of local building materials, and maintenance of rural housing.
- Advocacy and technology transfer
- Advise the Assembly on slum prevention and upgrading for existing slum settlements in the District.
- Facilitate the implementation of policies on works related to buildings or other structures abd reports to the Assembly.
- Assist to prepare annual departmental budget.
- Prepare and submit require reports.
1. Assist with preparation of schedule of accommodation for capital projects initiated by the Assembly.
2. Invite public (Stakeholders) input into the development of designs.
3. Assist with the review/evaluation of design submitted by consultants.
4. Review of building permit(applications) drawings.
5. Monitor all building constructions works with municipality
6. Prepare and maintain building works
7. Enforcement of approved building works
8. Review inspection reports of on-going construction works and make recommendations for necessary activities.
9. Coordinate health and safety assessment of completed projects in pursuant of issuing certificate of habitation